Today, across the spectrum of ongoing projects and projects in development, Bluebeam has found wide use among:
- 94% of Top US Contractors
- 86% of Top US Design Firms
- 78% of Top US Specialty Contractors
- 74% of Top International Design Firms
GETTING THE HANG OF THINGS
With such broad adoption of the platform, Bluebeam has many features that AEC firms gravitate toward in search of speeding their process and improving accuracy and communication. These features are easy to incorporate into their projects because they are often intuitively understood as a one to one correlation of established industry standards in terms of architectural and engineering drawings and are a direct leap from paper to digital representations of drawings, designs, diagrams and other project elements. And in that sense, Bluebeam has great tools that are already widely used.
\ DRAWING REVIEW: This function is widely used and allows the user to view the drawings and related components and lists.
\ TAKEOFF: Another widely used feature, the takeoff function allows site managers to review the list of materials and components associated with the project.
\ PUNCH ISSUES: Just because the end is near doesn't mean that there aren't complex tasks or corrections left to be addressed. The punch tool helps project and site managers see what is left to do to get them done and stay on target and under budget.
\ SITE LOGISTICS: It ain't just about the building. Move in, move out, stores, and other site elements can be managed directly with Bluebeam's site logistics functionality to keep everything moving along in the right order.
Accurate, real-time, actionable elements are all part of Bluebeam's core features. And with open PDF formatted drawings that can be created from almost any CAD software, the shift from reliance on paper drawings to more accurate digital representations can present the risk of happy complacence. Having found a better alternative, many firms don't dig deeper to into the features to unlock the deeper functionality available in Bluebeam.
Bluebeam comes with an integrated cloud platform called Bluebeam Studio. And it is here that the deeper bi-directional solutions allow transformation from a static, one dimensional representation of a project into a two-way interface where changes and collaboration can be managed real time to significantly improve time, cost and accuracy.
- The Drawing and Design Review isn't just a pretty picture. It has a robust markup tab that doesn't just denote the location of your markups, it allows communication and actionable items throughout the project's life cycle. With features such as custom tool sets, markups used for a project can be dragged and reused in future projects.
- For Takeoff, beyond management the measurements, this tool at its deeper level also allows you to export, calculate and customize takeoffs that reduce steps, shorten the approval process for necessary change orders, and more.
- For Punch / Field issues, the platform is more than just a list. You can remain on your document and address issues in real time simultaneously. Images can be captured or added, and the stamps exported as a punch list report making this a dynamic tool rather than a “list generator” and reducing process steps and time to actionable – and often critical – items. Users can control and edit RFIs to markup their documents and add hyperlinks and visualization tools. And they can edit and integrate submittals into document management systems for faster creation and approval.
- With Document Control, users have the power of hyperlinking plans down to individual details as well as the ability to utilize slip sheeting to match new revisions with current sheets including bookmarks, and markups. When using the compare and overlay feature, changes can be reviewed over original drawings for a clear impact to overall design. And documents are cloud based, creating a repository for collaboration with Bluebeam Studio and Bluebeam Sessions where users can add markups in real time while maintaining version control during editing.
Bluebeam Revu in Extreme, CAD and Standard versions all contain Bluebeam Studio. This means that the features are already there and available for use on any project. While the improvements from paper to digital PDF are often mesmerizing in and of themselves, why stop there when there are features you've already paid for? Training, tutorials and professional assistance from experienced service providers can unlock the deeper functionality and make project collaboration a real-time, two-way endeavor savings time and cost on any project.